Wednesday, February 20, 2013

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiivTZi6GQhYnFkIRfVgewe2_9uZ1dgPEeALAvUJnxFsC9KySrLOcpC4QpS9B_DwovUyVZaYeNDHpFL91jZF5hKjHCOEvcTuZHAmQssG_iiaSTMPHvFtLZcxhAXXnr1ucCuVAme/s1600/IMG_3499.JPG" imageanchor="1"> Before you report me for child abuse/labor, let me tell you what the boys are doing. The bananas they're carrying on their head are for them to eat, while Kevin with that sack on his shoulder is going to make a few pesos for his share when he sells the coconuts. Gilbert's sack contains the bolo and the pick for the coconut. Actually, there are 12 sacks of coconuts that the boys have already taken to town to sell.

We harvest coconuts every 2-3 months and the boys do the picking and the drying. They get 50% of the sale and they do whatever they want to do with their share....and my 50%? it goes to their living expenses. In other words, I get nothing. BUT....they're now slowly able to make money on their own and in 6 months or so, when I can get one part of the land prepared  for raising free range chicken, it will be another source of income for them. Until I can wean them off from depending on me.

No comments: