Monday, February 25, 2013

I am taking a break from farming and from beating up on the boys. I am bored of the redundancy and monotony of my routine, so I signed up for eHarmony. I do this every 2 years or so--not for any other reason but so I can say "yes, I am dating" when someone asks me if I am. And also because I enjoy waking up each day, playing mind games. Or whatever they call that thing that men and women do in a relationship.

A friend told me that he read a survey showing that 35% of the men who subscribe to online dating are already married. And that's supposed to be news? "Aren't you concerned about the high percentage and the possibility of getting duped"? Why? At my age, I'm more concerned about constipation happening more regularly than being regular. And, oh well, since we're talking about my age, I might as well let you in on a secret. I'm in the dating scene again,  because at 55 and having a crisis, I'm really needing a Harley and they don't normally come by itself. The photos I'm looking at have their owners on them. So now, it's just a matter of shopping and choosing because a lot of them looks beat up, while there are some that I feel I could really take home. And lovingly park them in my bedroom.

No comments: