Wednesday, March 06, 2013

When one of the boys are caught stealing, the rest of the street kids will try to lay low and stay away from their usual abode--under the bridge or on the skywalk bridge. They either move to a different location temporarily or stay away from the public areas, like the mall where they do their panhandling when they're not scavenging. When I don't see them for 2 weeks, I roam the street and look for them. Yesterday, I found Walter and sent him to find the others and he came back with the ones who also just escaped from the halfway house of the social services people. I feed them whatever I have in the house. And back at the farm..... Here's one of Gilbert's chickens and his pepper seedlings, which I am so proud of. I am trying to teach them to be self sufficient, because I'm getting broker than broke And because Gilbert is the oldest of the 3 and he's most responsible, he wanted to not be with the other two anymore. He asked if he could have his own house. Sure. Why not. So we're building him one. Oh wait. I think this is for the goat.

No comments: