Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello and Goodbye

I am here in Manila now but will be flying back to Cebu in 4 hours. I came here mainly to meet two friends that I have known through emails but we bonded like we had known each other all along. We connected because the last 4 months we had all chosen the same opiate for the moment; our drug of choice - Arnel Pineda.

My trip back to the Philippines would not have been complete if I did not get to meet them.
Over lunch we reminisced about the last 4 months - the intoxicating high that was brought on by the Arnel Pineda phenomenon.
We wondered how the "bug" came upon us and rendered us helpless - helpless to stop ourselves from acting like we had lost our minds with our brains replaced with jello. But we didn't try hard to justify or apologize for the momentary insanity. Like I said, never regret anything that made you smile. And we not only smiled, we also giggled like Jello.

Are we still crazy? Of course we are, though not with My Arnel anymore. I am not sure how to conclude this but all I can say is that I am really glad I came, and I felt sad when I had to leave, after all we only had 3 hours of bonding. I better get going before I miss my plane.

No comments: