Monday, April 27, 2009

In Perspective

I woke up this morning and found that I have lots of company - I have red ants, black ants, small ants, big ants. No wonder I have all these red bites on my legs and in my arms. It got me to thinking: And I want to live here? No, I don't want to live anywhere, I just want to zoom through town and be lost until I get to the next town.



The sum total of my crib, isolation cell of an apartment here in Cebu. Bathroom, kitchen and a bed. The plus of it all, is I can clean it in nano seconds.


In Dallas, I don't have the fun of watching my walking balut run around or gather around me.



In Dallas I don't have the vegetable lady knocking on my door. I always asked her to come by even when I don't buy anything from her because she's a very happy person. She tells me that her husband is half her age, and he really loves her - they hold hands all the time. Oh yeah? But also she reminds me of how good I was too at balancing anything on my head trying to sell anything to make a living back in my younger days. Also she humbles me because I am again reminded that only because of the grace of God, that He gave Chat and I a better life now.

As I listen to my walking balut (chicks) chirping outside, I think about my quiet and efficient apartment in Dallas. I miss the quiet and serenity there but sometimes the silence deafens me.





No comments: