Monday, September 14, 2009

Losing my marbles


I like to say that I have 2 brains - one is lost and the other one is looking for it. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work today to pick up olive oil and peanut butter. The peanut butter is not a standard issue for my pantry but I got it for a recipe I'm planning to make. When I got to my car I noticed that I was charged for 2 jars of peanut butter so I went back inside and told the lady I was charged twice for the peanut butter. She hesitantly gave me my money back and because she gave me that look short of rolling her eyes and saying I'm a liar, I got curious and checked my grocery bag in the car and sure enough I had 2 jars. When I saw that I was charged twice I did not check my grocery bag because I know I would not make the mistake of getting 2 jars- why would I? I only need 4 tablespoons to make my recipe. So imagine my frustration and embarrassment of having to go back to0 return the other jar and apologize.

In my frustration, ( why would I pick up 2 jars and not even remember it?) I sat in my car and ate a whole can of vienna sausage and turned on the radio where two men were discussing about dating, marriage and children. The other guy said that he is looking for a "good looking woman who is good in bed and at 2 a.m. will turn into a pizza." The other guy, giddy and with the infliction on his voice like he just came up with a new invention answered, "Yeah, that would be a perfect woman."
I thought their conversation was funny, so I laughed, but I think I laughed so I don't cry in my can of baby hotdogs.

No comments: