Monday, September 07, 2009

Ensaymada (Brioche)

Thank God for Kusina ni Manang she has the recipe for ensaymada (brioche) without too much work. Not that I want to eat ensaymada a lot, but because of the challenge in making it and getting the desired result, it became a monkey on my back, until now. You are da bomb manang. I wonder if Anthony Bourdain has an assistant to prepare his ingredients. With these many, I need my own assistant.
The only way to stop me from eating it all is to make it really like the ensaymada....sugar and butter on top. (I get a headache looking at the sugar. )I normally don't toot my own horn, but I am proud of myself on this. Very delicate and not gooey.I tried baking some on my brioche mold and it came out like this - harder on the outside.

1 comment:

Lory said...

Hi Ritchie,
Thanks for trying my recipe and actually liking it. :)
I presumed it was the supersoft ensaymada that you made?...I edited my post on it to include a link to this post.