Wednesday, October 07, 2009

De-stressing

I am still feeling unhinged because of the changes in my work situation, but instead of getting busy and work on inventing my resume, I am avoiding it like it's, aahhh....bill collector. Working in the kitchen always helps me de-stress, so when my friend Jupson FB'd me and told me to breath in, breath out and cook, I thought, I might as well obey her. So I looked around my kitchen on what's available, and I found almost rotten bananers and yogurt that's way beyond retirement so I made banana bread.
While waiting for the bread in the oven, I sorted my still un-opened box of kitchen stuff in the garage. I don't know what I was smoking back then to think that I could make a moon cake, or why would I buy these molds? I got this 9 years ago thinking I would impress Don with a home made moon cake? Since Chat doesn't care for jewelries and I don't have money for her to inherit, maybe I should will this to her. At least she can beat her kids (if any are coming) into submission with this.Here's the banana bread recipe if you want it.
1 stick butter
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 c or about 2 bananas-mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c - sour cream (I didn't have sour cream so I used yogurt)
1.5 c - flour

1. Mix first 3 ingredients until creamy. Add bananas and cinnamon mixing it well. Then add the last 4 until all is well combined. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan at 350'c for 45 minutes or more. Mine was done in 45 minutes.

No comments: