Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Kite and the Kite Runner

I was at Barnes and Noble the other day searching through their shelves for a book about romance. But I could not find what I was looking for because I was in the non-fiction isle. When I asked the clerk where I could find such book, she said, "Romance will always be in the fiction isle, not non-fiction." I tried to be more specific, (no, not a romance novel) but she insisted - yup, fiction. And pointed me in the direction far enough so I can't bother her.

I came home and looked up the meaning of romance: relationship between 2 lovers, a novel dealing with idealized events remote from everyday life. Idealized. Remote. I prefer to dwell on the word relationship and lover. Which brings to mind my cousin. Her husband of 22 years moved in with Jesus last Monday. If I would dare to write a book about romance, I would look to Pearl's relationship with her lover - her husband and friend,Wayne. And I would insist to Barnes and Noble that it should be shelved in the non-fiction isle.

Wayne, at one point in their relationship told Pearl, "I have nothing to give you, but I can give you to the world." What does he mean by that? He fitted Pearl with wings, with the instruction: You will be the kite, I will be the kite runner. But though I hold the string, know that you are free to soar with the wind. I will release enough string only as I see that you can handle the freedom of the wind. But always remember, one day, my hand can no longer hold the string, but you can still feel my heart and you can still hear my voice: Pearl, let go of me. Be free and soar like the eagle.
Shalom in Adonai, Wayne.

Video Courtesy-Worshipvideo -Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

vagabond said...

Are you from the Philippines? or somewhere? Would you email me, because I want to know more about what you're talking about.

Thanks.