Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quiet Please - You're in the Library

One of these days, I will ask one of these men why they like to sleep in the library. I see them all the time. When I go to the library, I go in and out - I pick up videos and books and I leave. But sometimes, I like to sit and read the newspaper. And today, that's just what I was going to do. But...

The man had on ski boots, ski jacket with the hood snugly pulled over his head and gloved hands. And yes,sunglasses. He was suitably dressed even if he was not in Aspen, because today, it's very cold here in Richardson. Picture him in the coffin: both hands folded on chest, legs together and straight,except you have to dress him in the outfit I just described above. And he's propped up on a chair. In the reading area.Inside the library. He's not dead of course, because he's snoring.

Should I sit on the chair next to him? But I worried that the rustling of my newspaper would wake him up, or what if I startle him when I sneeze? And I have not even asked myself if I can handle the snoring. Aw hell. No wonder, the decision to remain single is easier.

No comments: