Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Lay Like Brocolli

Today is one of those days when I am literally a vegetable. I love rising up with the sun, but today I woke up late, the clock showed 6:50 which is way too late for me. I staggered to the kitchen, made coffee and took a 20 minute walk, then instead of showering first I started writing. I wrote 2 lines and my brain and fingers just quit on me, so I got up and guzzled more coffee. The caffein didn't do me any good so I took a shower, hoping it would crank me up and enable me to at least write a page. The shower didn't do a lick either, so I laid down on the couch and just as I hit the couch, I felt all the energy leaving me. Sleep came too fast and I could not move my hands and I could not wake up.This was before noon today and I only found the energy to get up after 4pm. Besides old age, I don't know what's happening to me lately. I can blame the heat, but I think there's more to it than the heat. I wish I could call it writer's block, but it's not that either. It is now 6pm and I am drinking coffee and I'm still feeling and looking like a sick dog. By the way, this powdered 3 in 1 coffee mix, added to a cup of brewed coffee usually will translate me to heaven, but not today.

No comments: