Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Don't forget to remember....

Most of us are crucified between two thieves : the guilt of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow. Seven years ago my husband dropped dead on me from a massive heart attack and since then I try to live life with urgency. And by that I mean, petty stuff is just that...petty, and therefore doesn't deserve the front row seat in my life. Here's a few things I'm trying to apply to my life daily.

1. I try to free my heart from hatred because no one deserves that much attention from me.

2. I try to clear my mind from worries. The bible says, today has enough worries of its own, so when worry sneaks in on me, I recall what this old man said on his deathbed: "I have had a lot of trouble in my life, most of which never happened."

3. I live simply. I know this can be done because I do it. A person has 2 basic needs; food and clothing. Well, 3 if you include expensive vacations.

4. To protect myself from the cost of inflation, I give more. Giving doesn't make you broke, hoarding does.

5. Lastly, demand less. Most of our troubles begin when we try to win every argument forgetting that sometimes principles can be forsaken if for the sake of gaining a relationship.

No comments: