Saturday, March 19, 2011

Later Jules

"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it." Ecclesiastes 12:7

This morning, my friend Julie's body is on her way to Bacolod, the place of her birth. I know she is watching from heaven, looking down at her remains being deposited back to the ground, but the pain I am feeling is not for her but for me. I won't see her climb over the fence anymore, calling out my name, we won't be going to eat lingua at our newly discovered restaurant and most of all,she won't be there to tell me to keep going because tomorrow is a new day.

I struggle with the loss because I feel sorry for myself without her, otherwise, how can you feel sorry for someone who's now with Jesus? I read a story about a young man who was weeping and sobbing, he didn't say a word, he was simply weeping with those who weep. When someone asked him what was the matter, he answered: "Well, it hurts, stupid."

No comments: