Monday, July 04, 2011

Look who's older (2)

I don't usually celebrate my birthday except when Chat wants to make a big deal out of it. But this year I wanted to make a big deal out of it, so I celebrated it for 2 days. Last Saturday was the pig extravagansa; we grilled the ribs, roasted the head, braised the legs and stewed the rest. The "hood" ate all day, then took home everything that was left. Then yesterday was the icing on the cake; I took my "writing students" to go with me to a town south of here. We rode the airconditioned bus, which was a treat for everyone because none of them had been on a bus --more so an airconditioned one.

Chicken drumstick, rice and hot soup for breakfast after we got off the bus. They asked for hot soup because they said the air on the bus was so cold for their stomach. It made sense, until they said they want a cold soda too.






We then took off to the countryside and hang around by the water.
And by lunch time I was very tired. And broke. But very happy.


No comments: