Saturday, December 17, 2011

I get by With the help of my friends

Yesterday, with the help of my friend Tom and his church staff and Mcdonald's (JY Square )donating the burgers, my "rugby team" and my writing girls had another fun day of games and food. The Gaisano chain of grocery stores also donated the space in their parking lot with free electricity even.




See these 2 women? One is pregnant the other one still nursing a 7 month old. The pregnant one has 2 kids on the street while the one with the 7 month old has 3.
The pack in my hand looks like a pack of juice, but it's not, it's a rugby pack that the boy in green (to my left) was keeping under his shirt. I feel so frustrated because adults are selling these sachet packs to these kids. The short term effect is that it suppresses hunger, but the long term effect is of course a fried brain.The boy in red snitched on the boy with the glue satchet and I tried to coax him to give it to me. But after they ate, he came up to me begging me to give it back to him.







1 comment:

Karen Faith said...

Ritchie, you crack me up! Raoul and I just read the whole blog. We miss you so much. You are so witty and adorable. We wish you were still here in Cabo. I can't believe we are so far from you. And I can't even send you a package to make you cry! We can barely get anything in or out of Mexico much less to the Philippines. But we send you so much love and hugs!!! May the Lord continue to work through you to help these precious children. And my the neighbor's karioke -or however you spell it - break and nto be able to be fixed. We love you and miss you!