Monday, December 26, 2011

Life goes on....

Give me the power to create a fever and I shall heal all diseases -Hippocrates

The day before Christmas I woke up not feeling right, but I was cooking for my nephews and niece so I had to work through it. With the neighbor's firecrackers and my throbbing headache I was about to postpone Christmas..... and life. On Christmas day, I lasted until after 1 pm then I had to tell everyone I am going in to my cave and won’t be coming out until the middle of next year. My headache felt like I had tumor in my brain and my throat burnt like fire in hell with temperature hot enough to burn my bed. (But not hot enough to ignite my neighbors and stop their homemade cannons and firecrackers)

Today, it feels so good to feel good that I did some weeding in my garden then I disinfected my crib, mopped the floor with bleach and sprayed Lysol. But having a fever is not necessarily all bad; the heat will kill all the bad bugs and strengthen the good ones, but a prolonged one is something to be concerned with so I hope that was it. I sure need the cleansing and strengthening of my immune system because with my “rugby team” I am exposed to head lice and all kinds of diseases. Before I left, my friend in the States told me to make sure not to come back with head lice. “I am sooo afraid of them, they're disgusting.” She said this with a contorted facial expression. “ What about TB or hepatitis, is that ok?” I said.

Anyway, what really makes me feel more healed is to see that my squash seeds have sprouted.
And my papaya now has it's first sign of fruit. Life goes on as you can see.

No comments: