Monday, December 05, 2011

Teaching them how to fish

I can understand why women would kill themselves or the "other woman" because of their obsession over a man. (Though I doubt that there's a man worthy of my premature communing with the worms underground or of me being behind bars serving a sentence without a period). What I can't understand or relate to, is how it is to be addicted to drugs or alcohol.

So when Jack wanted to leave yesterday so he can go back to the street again, I could not see his side of reasoning. He gave me all kinds of excuses, but I knew it was so he can inhale glue again. I told him he's free to stay or leave for good. After 2 hours he came back and said that he realized he wanted to be with us after all. But I knew he had his fill of glue. This morning, him and Santino woke up early. I had them prepare the soil for gardening and prepare their own food. I could teach them to use my kitchen and the stove, but I want them to be self-sufficient and be proud of accomplishing something decent for themselves. They're proficient at stealing and begging but that's not something to be proud of, I told them.

a ;>

No comments: