Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I have been considering buying a Keurig coffee maker since it came out, but I always ask myself: What for? I love the ritual of making coffee, but sometimes it's too much work. Too much work!!!What have I become.

In the early 70's when all these household gadgets started appearing in American homes, people were skeptical but excitedly anticipated for the novelty and the break it promised to housewives from the unending housework. "So you can have more time to spend with your loved ones." At least that's what they thought, or that was the plan. Yet, look at us now. Women used to meet at the river or at the well to do their laundry and had strong bonds with other women. And still had time to grow a vegetable garden and cook organic meals. Now? Well, you know where I'm going with this. I don't even have time to sit here and develop my thoughts more thoroughly. Why? because Netflix is calling me and I still have to check in with Facebook. I haven't even answered my emails and texts. And oh, I I need to call or email Apple to tell them that their new IOS7 sucks. I really need that Keurig now.


No comments: