Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I understand the moral imperative of the Affordable Health Care act aka the Obamacare. (although I don't want to use the word "obamacare" because I think it's an oxymoron). But regardless of your political leaning; liberal, democrat, republican or just like me non-thinker, (because I get a headache when I think) you can't avoid  math. No one is exempt from Math.

So let's do the math. And I'm doing this for me also to help me simplify it in my head. On January 1 2014, all insurance companies, by law, will have to accept everybody. And everybody means: a 500 lb, diabetic, 3 heart attacks person will pay the same premium as the one who is very healthy, whose only doctors visit is to get a prescription for her acne once every 3 years. So that's good, right? But insurance companies are not  soup kitchen  owned by mother Teresa.... If they are to continue doing business and make a profit, guess what? Increased premiums to cover the " very sick". "My employer will pay the high premiums" so you say. Guess what again. Your employer will now have to cut back on raises, or cut back on people in order to operate profitably. And in the process you may lose your job. Everyone pays! Unless  you are in the 46% who does not pay taxes in this country, a welfare recipient sitting on your buns waiting for your government hand outs.  Here's Math simplified to simple arithmetic: I and the rest of my working friends are paying for you.

No comments: