Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chat is my  financial supporter for all the ministry work that I am doing in Cebu. All through the years, I could count on her to come through for whatever it is I needed to do; be it for the street boys,  for the community or for my family. Last night she called and talked to her biological father in the Philippines whom she doesn't have a close relationship because she doesn't really know him. She doesn't hate him or have any ill-feelings towards him, and if she hated him, you could not have blamed her.  She feels the same kind of  feeling for an acquaintance, although she had sent him gifts and money through the years. After they hung up, she kind of paused and typed something on her laptop. " I want to send him some money." She said it without looking at me. Silently, I was so glad but wanted it to be totally her idea, so I didn't say anything. In my head I was thinking a few hundred dollars? I hope she would do it. She picked up the phone again and I heard her gave him the amount in pesos. That's what she was doing on her laptop converting dollars to pesos! I thought she made a mistake. I'm used to converting dollars to pesos so I knew right away how much that was in US dollars. "You are giving that much?" I was stunned. "Yes, his sugar cane farm is not producing as expected so his workers are hungry. He can pay off some of his loans and feed his workers."

My heart swells with pride. And she's mine.

No comments: