Sunday, November 24, 2013

I have not arrived, but I have reached quite a distance from where I was. I am a control freak; I want things to go my way, I want people to act how I want them to act when I want them to act. But I have learned that in being so, it also means that people are entitled to control or change me. And that's where it grinds my gear.

Jesus didn't try to control the behavior of his family or that of other people, and he didn't let their behavior control his either. If there was one big judgmental person in the planet, I would be number 1 on the list. Then I realized that I am no better than anyone. What does being "judgmental" mean? It's ok to observe and point out the other person's action that bothers you, but when you start ranting about it and always pointing the negative about the other person, you become that person you're talking about--if not worse. And you then starts to grind my gear. Hard. Jesus didn't demand that people agree with him, he didn't hold a grudge because they talk bad about him. He knew who he is. And that's the question: Do you know who you are?

No comments: