Thursday, April 03, 2014

A lot of my friends asked me if I am excited to be a grand-ma. The answer is no. But I am, in the sense that Chat will now have her 'foodie partner' her own chatting/gripe session buddy and when I'm gone, her own flesh and blood to replace me.

When grandparents spend too much time with the grandkids, the kids will get confused as to what rule to follow and it hones their innate skill of manipulation like: "Grandma lets me do this" or "Dad said I can have this" kind of crap.... And I am the kind of grandma who live by this principle: I don't care what you do, as long as I'm not financing it; but if I'm paying for this boat, I sure will tell you where this boat is going. If parents wants to raise their kids on canned goods and sugar or lets them behave like trainees for the FBI's most wanted, I let them. They'd be too obese to fit my door to visit me and I'd be too old to be visiting them at the pen.

And toys? I don't believe in more than one.
I'm not Dr. Laura, so don't send me your hate mail. Ok?

No comments: