Tuesday, April 08, 2014

At 6 years old Chat travelled from Cebu to Manila by herself. At 10 she flew to the US alone to join me. Chat did not get to be an executive assistant at 20 years old and she did not get to run companies and make 6 figure income because I "babied" her or let her do her own thing while growing up. She learned hard work by watching me and excelled in the male dominated semi-conductor industry. So NO--I don't buy your way of "oh, she's just a kid." Work does not kill you, sitting on your bum does.

I watch Chat now with a belly weight that looks like  my total weight and yet she moves around like a Mexican laborer. I am so proud of her and more so because she's one of those people I admire: One who can walk away from money in exchange for something more valuable. I've always said that she has more maternal tendencies than me. I wonder if she learned that along the way while she was raising me.

No comments: