Sunday, September 28, 2008

Help Me Find Maryam

Yesterday I received an ecstatic call from my Jewish friends urging me to meet with them this morning because they wanted me to meet and hear Taysir Abu Saada. Tass as he is known in America is a Palestinian who used to be an Aid to Yasser Arafat - a sniper for Arafat. Tass found Jesus and has converted from Islam to Christianity. He has written a book, "Once an Arafat Man" and he's touring the world bringing the message of Jesus to reconcile Jews and Muslims.

I spoke with him a bit but had to beg out of lunch with him and my friends because I had to be with Chat for her birthday today. Tass told me, the Filipinos has a special place in his heart because his nanny was Filipino and he remembers his nanny praying for him all the time. Tass's story is very compelling as he tells it because I can see the providence of God even before he knew it. Everyone was glued to their seats as he was speaking. He was 7-10 years old when Maryam was his nanny. And the day he was shown the light of Jesus, he saw 2 hands put together in prayer with a cross tattoed at the back of one hand. The vision was how he remembers Maryam when she prayed.

And this is where I feel compelled to write in the hope of finding Maryam. Tass remembers her name spelled this way and he has been to Mindanao to try and find her. It was early 1960 when Maryam left their employment, so she would be in her 70's if she's still alive. He does not remember her last name but knows for sure she came from Mindanao.

So if anyone knows where to begin to connect the dots, we would appreciate it.

http://www.amazon.com/Once-Arafat-Man-Story-Sniper/dp/1414323611

No comments: