Sunday, October 05, 2008

Journey In New Mexico -2


I don't know why I even try, but these are the best pictures I have.


Dean and Jonathan singing with Cheap Trick


Neal playing the Star Spangled Banner

"It hardly rains in New Mexico and when it does, it does not rain long," that's what the taxi driver told me. But last night, it continued trickling all throughout the night. But people came and stayed in the rain. One concert goer said that fans from neighboring cities were coming because it's not often that big name bands come to town and Journal Pavilion was the only venue they could come to. Also, Journey's performance last night was the last performance at Journal for this year.

I noticed that the fans were young(er) and it was more like a family affair; seated next to me was a girl about 14 or 15 years old with her dad and an older brother. The girl was very quiet and timid but I noticed that everytime Arnel comes to the middle of the stage facing us, she would light up and scream or clap. Then when Arnel stood up in the box, she screamed and jumped for his attention. I wanted to say, "Hush girl, grandma here feels the same way" but maybe she thought Arnel is her age.

There was a lady I think from the local tv station who was up in the stage with the band all the time following mostly Arnel with her video camera. Arnel may be tired but he wore that lady out from chasing him left and right of the stage. Most of the time she was taking the video from behind Arnel towards the audience, but I think it's them black leather pants she liked to view from behind. Who knows. All I was thinking was : When I grow up I want to be like her, get a job like that chasing Arnel Pineda. But Arnel would be too old then.


No comments: