Thursday, January 14, 2010

Now or Never

Ok. so let's get this straight - I am out of money, but I am not out of work. Why, it 's 11pm and I'm still up working. Well, not up like vertical, but up, as in awake. Seriously, I have not mentioned this on my blog, so get this right here straight from the rats mouth- the reason I quit my old job and the last one is because I have come to realize that I will never be able to write the book I have been meaning to write if I have to hold down a job also. I just don't have the brain power to tackle two things at one time.

So here I am hunkering down to finish my book. My friends are very supportive about me writing the book, but I know some of them would like to ask the obvious question: Can you afford not to work? Well, let me say this, I can't afford not to write this book. I just could not see myself anymore going to work day in and day out and not doing what I want to do. I believe that it is time to do "what I want to do" instead of what 'I have to do."

The target date is July. Publishing will take care of itself so I'm not worried about that. So come July, I either publish or perish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to get a copy

vagabond said...

Thanks! You keep me going.

sunshine said...

thanks to you too, ritchie. you are so inspirational i ways you will never know.
im one of your and your daughter's fans, in this virtual universe.
you were given a gift to share...