Friday, December 03, 2010

Plastic will do

I've read that roughly 13 million Americans are still paying off their Christmas bills from last year. And this explains my theory about the bad attitudes people have during the month of December: No other month during the year, but only in the month of December that I have people giving me the finger or honk their horn at me because they're in a hurry. They're really not in a hurry, they're just angry. They're angry for having to buy gifts they can't afford to give to people they don't like, while others are angry because the season reminds them that they're alone and has no one during this so-called festive Christmas season.

The other night, in addition to that finger some man gave me last week, this driver behind me honked at me because I didn't feel comfortable running the yellow light. I wanted to stab his eyes with a fork. (This is what Chat says when she's mad at someone.) By the time I got to the parking lot of this restaurant to buy my son in-law a gift card, I was pretty startled and angry. (You see what I mean, and I even like my son in-law.) So in this years round of another hectic month, don't forget to remember: Don't get sucked in with the hype, and don't get trapped with bills you don't need. And keep this in mind, if during the year you have no relationship with the person you're buying the gift for, but you have to buy that person a gift because you have to, (for whatever insane reason that I can't relate to) the safest gift is a bank card --Visa or Mastercard. Trust me, he doesn't need anymore flashlight and she definitely would not wear that frilly top with the words, "Ho Ho Ho is me." Take my advise: plastic works at the grocery store or at the psychiatrist's office.

No comments: