Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cold and Gloomy...and...

I am happy. Normal people would feel gloomy on gloomy days, but not me. I don't know what it is, but when the sun stares brightly and the earth is embraced with its creme brulee, mangoe-persimmons hue, something inside me feels cocooned in a web of darkness and longing I could not explain. But then again, there are so many things I could not explain anyway.

I must not be good at explaining. Because I could not make some of my friends understand that I am perfectly fine eating alone, shopping alone, vacationing alone and that I could stay in a cave (minus the bats) and only come out when Jesus comes. Some of them believes they're doing me a favor by taking me out of my digitally wired crib. The other day, this lady I have known for a few years now (but still don't know me) again, hounds me to go eat out with her. I enjoy eating out with other people, but just not with her, because not only does she act mean to the servers, she hardly leaves a tip, and when she does, it's a dollar in change including pennies. And talks about Jesus with a passion---but does things Jesus won't do. Once a year I would indulge her and go with her and struggle through a meal, listening to her obnoxious rhetoric,and the remaining 364 days I spend hiding from her.

But tomorrow is that 1 day of the year I succumbed to her. I told her we're going to a buffet. This way, I could keep getting up to refill my plate everytime she says something nauseating. Tomorrow I will eat every dish (even vegetables) and not exhale, until someone calls 911 and strong-husky-underwear-model-looking paramedics will rush in to take me away from her. Oh, friendships.

No comments: