Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Detoxed? Not quiet

Ok, so I live to tell my story. Yeah right, for 1 day? Well, you don't understand....to begin with, I don't do vegetables and I eat pretty much as often as I take in air. So to do the whole day of just vegetable juice was such an accomplishment to me, though, I doubt that it accomplished much to my goal of detoxing. Here's how my day went yesterday:

I get up around 5 or 6 everyday, and I go straight to make coffee and sip it with bread. But yesterday, I made jasmine tea instead and by 8 I had the juice. I felt ok, no hunger, but by 10 a.m. I was feeling sad and lonely thinking that I would have to go all day without real food.
And the feeling of isolation and hopelessness continued; not that I was really hungry, I wasn't. It was the thought of being deprived. By 1 p.m. I was tempted to break my goal so I ate an apple instead of juicing it with the carrots. The solid helped, but I still had difficulty thinking of having to go all afternoon without..... chicken and rice? Bread? Or anything solid. By 2pm, the picture of a juicy and thick rib eye kept flashing in my minds eye, and by now, I was really hungry. I ate a handful of grapes. As the clock ticked on to 5, I started to feel better knowing that I would soon be going to bed and the day will be over. I took another glass of tomatoe, cucumber and papaya at 6 pm and by now I was feeling triumphant. I know I make it sound like I was having a major surgery, but to me it was.

Even though in reality 1 day of juicing doesn't have a significant effect on the body because you won't really see it til after 3 days, I feel better just knowing that I can after all, do 1 day of depriving myself. For sure I will do this again. Maybe in 2016.

No comments: