Thursday, November 03, 2011

You could not mean that...

Ever wondered why those Hindu women have a dot on their foreheads? (After all the dog-eating-Filipino jokes, I feel justified to tell a racial joke). Most of us have naively thought this was connected with marriage or religion, but the Indian Embassy in Washington , DC has recently revealed the true story…
When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop or a motel in the United States . If nothing is there, he must take a job in India answering telephones giving technical advice. (So there's your answer.)

I have mentioned on my previous blog why I stopped taking Lexapro (too costly) then someone told me to order online, and it's true it was almost half the cost. I ordered it through an online pharmacy in Canada, or so it said. My order arrived, and it was the generic brand! And worst yet, it came from India. If not taking the meds make me bipolar, this made me homicidal. I called their customer support number and there it was--- fast talking, barely comprehensible Ahmad/ahmed. I asked him why I got a generic and why did it come from India, and all I could pick out from his answer was that "it's the same". His answer made my cheese slip off the cracker; I told him to "refund my money right away, I don't want any of your deceptive, fraudulent arse selling me anything." He said "ok." I asked for a confirmation number of our conversation, I think he said "not necessary". I asked for his name; "Bertrand Russell" he said. Bertrand Russell? Yeah right. And I am Virginia Woolf. I hang up the phone fuming and wishing I am Lorena Bobbitt.

No comments: