Thursday, April 19, 2012

My half of a cat

Chat was just here in Cebu to vacation and to do one vital assignment---to get this cat neutered. Most vets I've talked to said that neutered cats will live longer, will be less aggressive and will seldom leave the house because they won't be looking for a female to mate. This last part sounds ideal, I thought: why not do this to all human male? But then again, we already have enough of them couch vegetable who watch tv all day, doesn't work and refuse to die. (Who cares then who they mate and how often they mate)

Anyway, it's been 2 weeks since the surgery and the vet warned us that it will take a month for the neutered cat to fully know what happened to him-- that he's now half the cat he was. This explains why my cat seems confused; he'd dash in the house then sits and makes this awful dark deep voice, unlike his normal meow. Then he'd dash towards my bedroom which makes him frustrated because he finds that it's not big enough or far enough to exhaust his rush of hormonal energy. It's like getting a race car started, then the driver floors it only to find out he only has a foot of space. My cat has never learned to play with anything, but now he plays with stones, wires, leaves, and his new discovery---my legs. Whenever I pass by him, he'd paw my legs, then when I stop to scold him, he'd run, then comes back dashing again. I don't know what to think of his new behavior, but I like it that he's more energetic and playful, but I also worry because he's starting to act gay. And Cebu is already full of them, though my cat is prettier than all of them combined.

No comments: