Saturday, October 20, 2012

Money. Lots of it or lack of it. People often misquote the bible verse that says, "For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." It's not "money" but the love of it that's the cause of our misery. But who doesn't love and or covet money?

I do. And so are all the people and friends I know. But I have discovered early on, that money does not and could not buy happiness. Yes, money can get our wilted soul checked in at the Four Seasons and wail in private as we wipe our tears and snot with their 1500 thread count bedsheets. Would it help smoothen the wrinkle in our soul and make us forget the man who dumped us? I wouldn't know, I haven't been to a Four Seasons.

But 28 years ago, I was flown first class, transported by a Rolls Royce and slept in a suite at the Hong Kong Peninsula Hotel, crying my eyes out uncaring about anything around me, except for the fact that my body and mind could not process anything but the pain, knowing that my boyfriend at the time had another woman. So you see, you can entertain all our 5 senses with what money can buy or rent, but you can never fool the heart. It does what it does. And money, like food and drinks, is good and even necessary, but only if craved and used in moderation. Nevertheless, as I've always said: I've been rich and I've been poor and I found that rich is better.

No comments: