Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bow River

Chat got me a weekend getaway to fly fish in Canada. Didn't catch anything, but just as well, because if I did, I'd pass out-- unable to handle too much excitement. The angst of the new experience was already too much. Because if you know me well enough and can go inside my head, you'd know that I enjoy "experiences" not during, but only after looking back at it. I know, I know. I'm just sick that way.

My hotel in downtown Calgary. Last year, Chat flew me business class and got me an apartment in Bannf for 2 days. This weekend, again, I flew business class and a suite. When I complained on the wastefulness of it, I think I heard her mumble the word "spoiled and ungrateful". 
At a cafe next door, coffee never tasted as good as this, paired with the crisp cold air.

No comments: