Friday, November 23, 2012

I needed to edit my previous post when I said "last Thursday of November" it's not the last Thursday--my bad. But because I am using this desktop, for some reason I could not make it do what I want it to do; I can post but I can't go back to edit. Oh well.

I have 3 days left here in my apartment and I'm still unable to shake off the sadness, inspite that my brain is able to process the truth, that this too will pass. Which makes me more convinced of why we should tackle life just one step at a time. Last night when I started to get anxious about my laptop crashing, I told myself: why worry, I may not wake up in the morning to need a computer. And it worked; I stopped worrying about it and I went to sleep. But I woke up. And I'm here typing on this lousy desktop. So I tell myself again: be grateful for this day, be grateful for that left over turkey leg in the refrigerator. Not to mention that I am able to have an appetite.

Everything I learn, I learn from Chat. Lately, when I ask her "what are you going to do..." she'd say, "Mom, my plan only goes so far as to what I'm going to have for lunch today. I can't plan that far ahead." Which really makes sense, I think. I have a list of things to do today, but right now, I only plan to open the refrigerator and eat that turkey leg. So what about you?

No comments: