Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I have run out of things to say or write about. And this is because my brain cells are dead because I stare at my Facebook feeds too much, too long. Every day. And night. 

I was just reading an article that listed 10 things that kill our brain cells. The first one on the list was not eating breakfast, then it went on to say about "not engaging your mind." This one really bothers me, so I banged my head trying to figure out what it means to not engage your mind and what can I do to engage it. I came up blank. I used to read. I read important books, important articles and important news (if there's such a thing). Now? I read about my 237 friends' idiosyncrasies and copy paste cartoon drawings which are not really relevant or funny.  So why do it? Because I'm addicted to it--- the same way I'm addicted to lard.

Besides quitting Facebook which I can't do because that's my only social life, what else can I do to save my brain cells from vanishing to mush. Virtual dating is another brain decaying endeavor. Texas Poker? Candy Crush saga? Maybe read again? But what's the use, I can't retain any form of literature nowadays. One thing left: go on actual dating. Ok.

No comments: