Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My late husband was spontaneous and lived his life throwing caution to the wind. His perfect faith in God allowed him to do that, while I on the other hand though I claim to put my trust in the God of the universe acted like God needed my assistance all the time. So I didn't enjoy my life as much as my husband did.
After he died, I started to ponder on the greatest lesson he had left me: The legacy of total trust in the Lord and living life to the fullest with  childlike joy. I then began to act on the lesson I've learned from him; I threw caution to the wind and started the "vagabond" life---I quit my job, gave up my apartment, lived here and there. All that on a poverty level income. At first it was liberating and fulfilling, but at some point along the way, I silently wished to find someone who would share the same lunacy with me. At the same time looking back and regretting: Why didn't I do this with my husband? Well, because we didn't have the money, that's why.

While I wished to find that someone, I didn't really do anything about it. Until last March when I found the "redneck". While my husband had more college degrees than I have teeth, the redneck didn't go to college. But that's the only difference between them. The redneck is godly, spontaneous, adventurous and while he's crazy over me, I'm not joking when I say he's two steps away from being plain crazy. Today, he asked me: "Should I quit my job today so we can go to Asia and start being hobos?" "Oh no baby, I'm too old to live on love alone. I need to eat too."  I think he's looking at eBay now to sell his liver and speed up the hoboing process.

No comments: