Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm with Stupidly

Driving home from work today, I tuned in to my usual radio station and people were calling in an uproar about Joe Biden using Jesus Christ's name as an expletive in his on-the- record interview with the Wall Street Journal. Last week, people were calling in, outraged at Barack for making a hasty comment saying the white Cambridge police officer "acted stupidly" for arresting his black friend. That hasty comment was low-class, I agree. But I'm not wasting any energy on him either.

And today, callers were asking why Christians are not protesting about Bidens' comment. I am a Christian and I is not protesting. I'm not being passive, I'm being realistic or I will find myself stressed and violated for the next 4 years. Don used to say, " You can teach ignorant people, but you can't educate stupid." And one time, when I came home from work crying because a co-worker offended me, he said, "Ritchie, don't get bugged down by that, consider the source."

Yeah, consider the source. If we spend our time getting angry and offended by this retard and that other muttonhead in the white house, we will be expending unnecessary energy for the next 4 years. (Energy that's better used for praying for me -for baptizing them with such sweet names.) Don't forget, they're simply a reflection of the millions of people who put them there. Besides, the bible says that people are only responsible for the light that they have been given, so why expect someone to respect Jesus' name when he doesn't believe in HIM anyway? That would be like, getting mad at a blind man for stepping on your toe.

No comments: