Friday, April 29, 2011

To think or Not to think

I am a foreigner to my own country of birth. For one, I have to familiarize myself again of how my people think. And two, for thinking that my people even think at all. I say this because of my everyday experience here the last 3 months, compounded by this weeks dealing with the prima care staff. I got very sick again, same symptoms I had in 2009. You ask why I didn't go to the ER? Trust me, as long as I am coherent and can think for myself, I am not going there...at least not HERE. In Cebu.

Scene 1: I walk in to the reception desk of Prima care clinic. Lady asked me to fill out paper on what I want done. I give the paper back and she told me to go to the Cashier to pay. (Remember: No money, no treatment.)I went and then I asked cashier if I can get my temp done before my blood test. "I don't know ma'am, you have to ask reception." Blood pressure up and now at boiling point while shivering from chills. I
sidle up to the reception."Miss, can I get my temp taken before my blood work?" "I don't know ma'm. Ask them at the back." Blood and horn now spurting out of my head. I looked around for an ax. And murder her. Didn't find any.

Scene 2: Eva Braun called me to sit down and clinch my fist. Her "look" made me behave. Unable to get blood on left arm she went for my right arm without saying anything. I'm going to behave. "Miss, can you get my temp when you're done?" "No, it's not included in the service." I looked around for a match. I wanted to burn down the whole place and didn't care if she was Hitler's wife.

I walked past the cubicle of the half-wit cashier and the smiling robots at the front desk. I sat and behave in my corner, but Even with my brain dissolving fever I was still able to come up with a solution to this country's misery. And it's not money. But a good supply of sharp ax, lighter fluid and matches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how it feels. In the Philippines, " unahay dungan."lol