Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tradition that kills

Now I know why I am so messed up in the head. I came from this country who believes that self mutilation is cool and enough to atone for your sins. WARNING: IT'S GRUESOME PLS. WATCH WITH CAUTION.

Jesus said that He died that we may live and live abundantly. The only atonement for our sins that God will accept and will reconcile us back to Him is the death of His son on the cross. We were bought with a price: The blood of His Son and not with gold or silver or blood of bulls and goats. Our part is to admit that we have sinned and that Jesus paid for them on the cross. We are saved by faith and not by works, so this works of flagellation and crucifixion is simply horse crap and for the stupid and ignorant.

When I was growing up, our whole village took Holy Week seriously. We were sad from Wednesday to Friday,and in my household, it was a sin to smile or laugh during these days. "You can't be happy, Jesus is dead this week." My parents would tell me. And I better not bathe on that Saturday or I'll be accused of bathing with the "bad Jews, as they clean the blood from their hands."

Thank God, that I read the bible and now freed from man's deadly tradition and the grip of the misguided priests.

No comments: