Friday, December 14, 2012

We had our Christmas lunch yesterday with the street kids. When you take the time to listen to this kids, you'd see why Jesus came at all, and died for us, so we can live. And live "abundantly." This is Bebing. He roams the street but goes home to his brother once in a while. He sells drugs to the street kids. It's his birthday this week, so I made him brownies with icing and called it a birthday cake. I told him it was all his to freely give away. It made him feel useful and powerful. I told him selling drugs will kill children and that's not the kind of power he wants. He said he understands.
We had spaghetti, rice and fried chicken. And we listened to the word of God in the Bible.
This is Arnold. He, like the rest dumpster dive, begs and or steal. Then he play dress up. I said how can you live on the street and be gay? I guess it adds color to an otherwise dab under the bridge life. When he's not dressed as a female, he looks so sad and unhappy pushing the cart load of plastic and scrap metals.
I have one boy left at the farm because he broke his leg and barely able to stand up. But here's what I have in the city now. Yesterday at the party.
Remember them before? Here's Santino and Jack, high as a kite from sniffing rugby a year ago.
And Jordan when I first got him 9 years ago. He is now my peasant, my slave and... he prefers to be called my "PA".
And then there's Kevin and Junjun of 5 months ago.
They are the real vagabonds. My heroes. And Jesus is our Hero because without Him, I would have killed all of them and tell God they died.

No comments: