Sunday, September 28, 2008

Journey Take Me Away

All week I was half dead with the flu and complications from respiratory allergies, but I still dragged my comatosed self to work then the Rolling Stone article bolted me out of my coma. Now I'm here at my desk at work, still lazy to do nothing but stare out the window and imagine myself fishing in the pond below. I just need to get to New Mexico and see if I can spur myself out of this doldrom. Nothing that Journey or Arnel Pineda can't fix though.

But you know why I like Journey? Because unlike other bands they don't come out with glazed eyes, breaking their guitars, spew out some cuss words then proceed to kill you with their head splitting, banging noise they call music. And when Arnel Pineda says something less savory for Journey, big brother Neal comes out with a big stick and calls CBS news to the rescue. But I love Arnel man, he's the ants in Neal's pants.

Yesterday Chat turned 32 so I took her and John to Japan House for her birthday lunch and over prime rib and sushi Chat commented about my Rolling Stone article: "Arnel Pineda does not have to apologize for anything; he is a rock star, he's supposed to have an attitude." Hmmm...she's right. How come I didn't think of that? I must really had the flu. Or I must still have the flu for agreeing.

No comments: