Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chain Letters, Prosperity Preachers

I can't stand health and wealth preachers. When I hear them twist the gospel, not because of lack of knowledge but because of the ulterior motive to line their pockets, I just want to vomit, the same way I want to vomit when someone sends me a "chain message." You know, the kind where it induce or manipulate me in thinking that something "good" will happen to me if I send it to so many people. Or else....

I not only feel stupid when I receive this chain letters, I also get very pissed because I feel that the sender must believe that I am that gullible to fall for the trick, the hype or whatever you call it. I call it witchcraft. God is sovereign; our faith does not dictate the will of God. God covets our praise no matter what the situation and calls us to persevere in praying, but we can not manipulate His will with a mantra.

I don't care what people do, just so I don't have to pay for it. Imagine when I got 40 text messages on my cell phone this afternoon because the chain letter was so long, of course I was ready to call on the O'leans witch to apply vodoo on the sender of this message. I don't want to participate in witchcraft. I don't believe in luck. I don't do mantra. However, I do pray. But I only pray to Jesus. I don't call on His dead mother Mary and I don't call on His dead helpers, I only talk to the resurrected Christ. Period. (I better calm down and shut up now and watch my videos I just checked out from the library, maybe it will help me forget the cost of the 40 text messages)

No comments: