Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You read it here....

An ex-boyfriend of 4 years ago called from Madrid at 3:10 this morning, my time. Yes, 3:10. He needed someone to vent out his frustration because he lost his passport for the 3rd time this year. Yes, 3rd time. He lost it somewhere after getting his boarding pass and the lounge, he said, and he was just beside himself. "What the hell is wrong with me?" He asked. " What the hell is wrong with me answering your call at 3 in the morning, that's what I want to know." I answered. I could tell he didn't think I was being funny, he just wanted to lash out at someone and I was it.

I told him we can spend time grieving over what we lost, or we can focus on rejoicing for what we still have. But I understand his frustration and maybe fear....the loss of memory is a scary thing. I know, why do you think my book is not finished yet? Part of it is because I'm lazy, but really, it's because most days, I forget that I am writing a book. Oh well, I can't worry about it now.
Right now, I'm working on something else. A couple friends of mine are hard at work, trying to convince me to move with them to Palermo Italy. So I gave them my requirement: Find me an Italian boyfriend and I will move in a heartbeat. I've made up my mind, I'll marry the first one who will propose. Any takers?

No comments: