Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My little island

Unless you come visit me in my hut in the island of Camotes, I can't really show you, either on video or pictures the whole of what I see in this island. The island of Camotes is very small, comprising of 3 major towns; San Francisco, Poro and Pilar. My place is in the town of Poro. Nothing here to brag about except the lush, rolling hills circled by white sandy beaches, or rock cliff facing the ocean. There are no big buildings higher than 2 story except for this one and only hotel, tucked in the mountain. When I went, I was riding on the only mode of transportation here---the motorcycle. I was looking for a place to stay while I was building my hut and someone mentioned "little island". After winding up and down in the middle of nowhere, I started telling the motorcycle driver to just take me back to town. "I'll use my tent to sleep in tonite" because I didn't think we'd get to anything descent. I was mistaken. Here, take a look.

No comments: