Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Character and Circumstance

God will not sacrifice our character in order to improve our circumstance. Translation: God is not about to give me this rock cliff waterfront dream property of mine if it means that I will only recluse myself and forget my street kids in the city. (And or forego the spa and Starbucks visit.)

Chat and I are not planners, at least not in the long term. "We plan just far ahead enough to get us excited"--that's how Chat said it.
I know that in less than 2 months I will be back in the US dealing with my apartment lease and the stuff I have to let go; sell or give away. It is a cause of sadness for me because I am already missing the life  I am about to leave. All that I have going on here in the island was not planned by me; everything just happened as it comes. And God being all-knowing and infinitely wise, provided me a perfect diversion in the form of land and trees, so I would finally let go of my life in Dallas.

And I promised God I won't change, ever, if He gives me this.

No comments: