Friday, August 03, 2012

Ants in my pants

If God is willing, in exactly 28 days, I will be heading back home to Dallas. I will begin stripping my life again of the things in my apartment that I can live without. For the 3rd time, I will be making Cebu my base again. I know. I know. You're saying, 3 times?

When I was young(er) I knew exactly where home was, but as I got older, it has become very difficult to decide. Because I am a loner, America is perfect for me, but because I suffer from this constant agitation of restlessness, any place regardless how perfect would never be able to cure my malady. I am so aware and so thankful for God's mercy and generosity for having given me the flexibility I am enjoying now.

Chat begs me and says: "Mom, please settle down and change. I hate to think that I'd be like you in my 50's-a restless old woman." (I don't know why she has to add the last 2 qualifier.) So I tell her: "Ok, if you buy me more land with coconuts I'll settle down and call Cebu home." She oblige, but not without the subtle rebuke. "Mom, in less than a year 3 Birkin bags that I wanted to get, kept turning into coconuts." I know I need to grow up. Soon.

No comments: