Sunday, August 05, 2012

I've mentioned before that I don't watch tv, well, I should have specified and said, "I don't watch tv shows." Before Chat insisted that I should have that giant flat screen, I watched movies on my little dvd player. But with the arrival of the big screen tv and Netflix streaming, I started to act like a hobo with a touch of class ; I watched tons and tons of documentary films, foreign drama and classic films. Tv and Netflix subscription all free from Chat. That was in Dallas.

Now, I have a small flat screen tv that my male friend (yes)  insisted I should have here in Cebu. "I will pay for shipping, don't worry" he assured me. I didn't tell him that  in order for it to have people appear on the screen he would have to give me a monthly sustenance for a cable subscription or all I'd see is the flickering rainbow. Or the 2 local channels that shows nothing but Filipino women who are either screaming, hitting each other or crying, if not wailing.  And since I could not stand all that Filipino drama and the freakiness of it all, I have not watched a single tv show for the last 10 months now.

I could not watch Youtube either because I did not subscribe to a "real" internet connection with real internet speed, instead, I am using the load and pay method which is enough for emails and blogging. And sometimes uploading pictures. I said sometimes.

Anyway, in 6 hours I will be heading to the island and check on my surviboys. I miss those bums, I mean those boys. Also, I am taking the 3rd one. Ya'll might wonder what I am smoking, why I'm doing this. I don't know either, I just do.

No comments: