Thursday, March 13, 2014

I am counting the days when Kalya will get here. In the meantime, I am floating. I use the word "floating" because at lunch with my writer friend today, she described me as a "floater". "You're the kind who doesn't care about having roots, you don't care about material things and you're a floater." I processed the statement slowly and she continued. "So it's good that you don't have your own apartment and you don't have your own car now, so you can just continue floating to where you want to be." Partly, the arrows hit the target. But really, my brain is so fogged up I don't even know what this all means anymore. Yes, I don't care about "stuff", and I don't want to be tied down (to people, places or things) so I can just pick up my bed and walk, but I'd like to at least have a place I can call home. Right now, Cebu is it.

Well, after my friend and I parted, I went to Starbucks and picked up a cup of coffee and 3 petite vanilla scones covered in thick icing and downed it like I've been starved for a week. Then I walked next door to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought this.....a juicer. I may not be able to afford another car but I can afford this. Also, I reasoned that if juicing is too much for my meat craving body, at least I could use the vegetable/fruit pulp for composting and feed it to my plants instead. And if this machine ends up next to my Vitamix in the storage, then Kalya can pawn them when she's old enough to walk to the pawn shop.

No comments: