Monday, October 10, 2022

Canadian Thanksgiving Day

 Today October 10th the Canadians celebrates Thanksgiving.  And since I'm here in Canada, I expect food just as I would expect it next month when we in the US celebrates ours. Oh yes, I'm thankful. I'm thankful every day. But let's be honest, in every celebration isn't it celebrated with food? Thanksgiving is the jumping point to Christmas, and it's the last meal before the year ends that we can eat without guilt and explanation---because we're not expected to bring a gift to exchange. I don't know what sorry soul came up with this invention of exchanging gifts at Christmas. I like receiving gifts. I like receiving lots of gifts. Exchanging? Not so much. Oh well, I need to go and eat at Chat's house. I'm not expected to bring anything but my Redneck.

No comments: