Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Urgent living

When my husband died unexpectedly, some things in my life changed drastically too. And one of those things is my outlook in life; I have since then lived my life with urgency. Then last year when 2 close friends also died unexpectedly, I started spending my pennies like it's going to be banned. Like, there's more where it came from, afraid that I may not live long enough to spend them. I don't even buy green bananas anymore as I may not live long enough for it to ripen. With this urgency, comes boldness and liberation and throwing caution to the wind.

Yesterday, Chat asked me what my plan for this week is and I said: "I will be going to the mountain tomorrow to take the salary for my carpenters." "How can a jobless person offer people a salary?" Was her reply. "Aaah, you're still working aren't you?" I asked back. She told me again that raising a mother is very difficult and giving her gray hair and bad skin. Anyway, here's what I've started. Note: I said "started" because I may not live long enough to finish it. Or, I may outlive the pennies.

I am trying to replicate my childhood so I'm building a hut in the mountain.





In my replicating I am also slowly collecting animals. And we start with chickens my caretaker gave me. I name her Sanders and she's here with me in the city, her husband Colonel is still in the mountain and will be here when I pick him up.

No comments: